Thursday, September 11, 2014

Best Part of the Day

(Day 11 of the Teach Thought blogging challenge: What is your favorite part of the school day and why?)
My favorite part of the school day is the very beginning of the day when my students first enter the classroom. I click 'play' on the day's iTunes playlist, featuring songs like "Roar" by Katy Perry and "Happy" by Pharrell, and students walk in and get unpacked. They love being greeted by good, positive music! They have a little more pep in their step as they turn in their agenda and homework, and you might just see a few dance to their seat to get started on their morning work. It really starts the day off in an upbeat way, making my students excited for the day.
I also love their hugs as they greet me and the conversations we have during this time of getting settled in the classroom. This is our time to connect with each other. They get to show me the new book bag their parents just bought them, tell me all about Karate or soccer practice, or about the great book they finished last night. I treasure this time of connecting and building on our relationships. It's quality time that has a positive affect on everything we do for the rest of the day. 
What's your favorite part of the day?
If you're new to the blogging challenge, check it out here. 






No comments:

Post a Comment