Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Me, Myself, and I

Today is day 10 of the Teach Thought blogging challenge! I honesty didn't think I'd make it past day 3, but so far I have persevered! This is a fun one because it allows us to get to know each other on a more personal level, not just as educators. 

Here it goes...

Share five random facts about yourself.
1. I boycotted social media until I discovered there were teachers on Twitter.
2. But, I still refuse to get on Facebook!
3. I have been skydiving.
4. I will never turn down grape Pixy Stix.
5. I will never live someplace that doesn't have a Chick-fil-A.

Share four things from your bucket list.
I don't really have a bucket list, but here are some things I think would be awesome to do.
1. Travel to Europe. I know, everyone says that.
2. I might do it afraid, but I think ziplining through a rainforest would be really cool.
3. Write a book.
4. Be on TV-maybe as an extra, be surprised on the Ellen DeGeneres Show, contestant on a game show...

Share three things that you hope for this year, as a “person” or an educator.
1. I hope to connect with other teachers on Twitter more.
2. I hope for opportunities to speak at schools and conferences about STEM and innovative techniques I use in the classroom.
3. I hope to grow my personal brand.

Share two things that have made you laugh or cry as an educator.
1. I want to both laugh and cry when I hear a student start to sound like me! 
2. I could let out tears of joy when I think about certain disadvantaged students who have a passion for life and love school despite what's going on directly around them.

Share one thing you wish more people knew about you.
1. I'm funny! Since I'm an introvert, it takes getting to know me to really see and appreciate that side of me. Sometimes, it just comes out of nowhere!


No comments:

Post a Comment