Monday, September 8, 2014

What Drawer?

(Day 8 of the Teach Thought 30-day blogging challenge: What's in your desk drawer, and what can you infer from those contents?)

I got rid of my traditional teacher desk a couple years ago and replaced it with a table. I like to be organized as much as possible, and a table just works for me. I have everything layed out and arranged on my table for the week ahead. Even though I don't have a desk drawer, I do have small, colorful pails to hold my personal pens, pencils, sharpies, highlighters, and scissors. I have another container for paper clips and binder clips. Next to a picture of my handsome nephew Chase, I have a three-tiered tray system to organize my grade book and school forms, as well as all class work and any tests for the week. My table also houses my zebra print teacher binder, class schedule, and all books I'll be using for the week. 

What does this say about me? What does this have to do with my teaching style? I think it says I'm organized, methodical, and fun. I definitely have a plan, and I like things done a certain way, but at the same time I enjoy the element of surprise. Thankfully, I work with second graders so that's not a problem!

No comments:

Post a Comment