Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Superpowers

(Day 16 of the Teach Thought blogging challenge: If you could have one superpower in the classroom, what would it be and how would it help?)

When I was a kid, I always wished I could fly. In my opinion, that was the ultimate superpower! Since being able to fly won't come in handy in the classroom, I'll have to go with Superhuman Speed. I think about all the tasks I have besides teaching-grading papers and entering those grades, paperwork, copying, laminating, organizing, filing etc. It would be amazing to have those jobs completed in seconds so I can focus my attention on planning meaningful classroom lessons and activities. This would also come in handy on those days when I lose track of time during my planning period. I would never be late picking my students up from their specials because I could get there in a couple seconds. 

Getting back to reality, I honestly think teaching itself is a superpower. We have to be so many different things to our students. We are teachers, mentors, coaches, moms, dads, nurses, psychologists, lawyers, cooks, accountants, interior designers, and so much more. There are so many aspects of teaching that cannot be measured in a day. We do it all, each and every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment