Friday, September 12, 2014

How Will Teaching Change in Five Years?

(Day 12 of the Teach Thought blogging challenge: How do you envision your teaching changing over the next five years?)

Does anyone really know how their teaching practices will change over the next five years? I honestly don't. Each year of teaching brings something new to learn at the school level, district level, state level, or even nationally. Implementing new mandates can be overwhelming at times, but I don't see this stopping. I teach totally differently than my teachers taught me and I'm sure future teachers will teach differently than me after I retire.

In addition to new mandates, there are always new trends to learn about. There are so many brilliant minds in education and we have the privilege of learning from them. It's up to us as teachers to keep up with what's new in education and find out what works for us and our students. Like I said, I don't know how my teaching practices will change in five years, but I know that they will. It's up to me to be ready and open to these new ideas and strategies.

No comments:

Post a Comment