Thursday, September 4, 2014

What I Love Most

(Day 4 of the Teach Thought 30-day blogging challenge: What do you love most about teaching?)

There are so many things I love about teaching. I think what I love most are the strong, trusting relationships I make every year with each student and what comes from these relationships. I enjoy getting to know them and connecting with them individually. Sometimes this is a difficult task, but it reaps big rewards. Each one is truly amazing and has something wonderful to contribute to the classroom. 

I read somewhere that if you don't have their heart then you'll never have their mind. This is so true. Forming relationships with my students makes them feel comfortable and they're willing to take risks even with the possibility of failure. It allows me to stretch them and inspire them. When this happens they begin to realize what they're capable of. This is amazing to see! They also know they can come to me for anything, even after they've left my classroom. I feel like a better person, not just a better teacher, after knowing them.





No comments:

Post a Comment